- EMS Agency & Clinical
- Education & Certification
- Information, Forms and Resources
- Emergency Preparedness
1002 Church Hill Road, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15205
Main Office Number: 412-242-7322 Main Fax: 412-787-2340
Employment opportunities will be placed at no charge to regional EMS and emergency services organizations and will remain posted for one month.
You can submit your request to our office.
Rescue 14 EMS, INC. Hempfield Township, Westmoreland County. Rescue 14 EMS, Inc. is looking for EMTs and Paramedics for per diem work. 24 hour shifts preferred but other shifts available based on monthly schedule. Please contact Craig at 724-523-5609. Must be 21 and have 3 years of record free driving experience with EVOC certification.
Community College of Allegheny County
The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
6. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
7. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
8. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
9. Maintain five office hours each week.
10. Support the college's goals.
11. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in EMS, education, science or related field; current PA certification as a Paramedic and NREMT certification as a Paramedic; current certification as an EMS Instructor by PA DOH; current certification as an American Heart Association Instructor for CPR, ACLS and PALS. Minimum three years experience as an ALS pre-hospital provider of emergency care and minimum one year of leadership experience in field. Must be knowledgeable about methods of instruction, testing and assessment of students and knowledgeable concerning current national curricula, national accreditation, national registration and the requirement for state certification and licensure. Must have personal transportation and be willing to travel to clinical affiliate sites.
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
Work location and additional information
Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.
Review of applications will begin on June 16, 2014. Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
This is a regular full-time tenure-track instructor-level 10 month position with benefits.
Anticipated start date of this position is August 2014.
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech
Job Type: Full-time
Campus: Boyce Campus
All applicants must apply online at: http://apptrkr.com/478577. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.