- EMS Agency & Clinical
- Education & Certification
- Information, Forms and Resources
- Emergency Preparedness
EMSI Main: 412-242-7322 EMSI FAX: 412-787-2340
1002 Church Hill Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15205
EMSI Regional Educational Institutes
|Butler County Community College (BCCC)||BLS||
PO Box 1203 Butler, PA. 16003
|Kiley Cribbs 724-287-8711 email@example.com|
|Center for Emergency Medicine of Western Pennsylvania (CEM)||http://www.centerem.com/||ALS and BLS||230 McKee Place Suite 500, Pittsburgh, PA. 15213||Tom Platt 412-647-4665 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Citizens Ambulance Service||http://www.asmgt.com/||ALS and BLS||PO Box 237 Indiana, PA. 15701||Chuck Allias 724-349-5511 email@example.com|
|City Of Pittsburgh Department of Emergency Medical Services||http://pittsburghpa.gov/ems/||BLS||220 22nd Street Pittsburgh, PA. 15222||Anthony Shrader 412-255-2450|
|Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC)||ALS and BLS||
1000 McKee Road, N1200
Oakdale, PA 15071
|Rick Hilinski 412-237-2500 FAX 412-237-4628 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Community College of Beaver County (CCBC)||http://www.ccbc.edu/||BLS||Campus Drive Monaca, PA. 15061||724-480-3530 email@example.com|
|Duquesne University-Department of Athletic Training||http://www.duq.edu/||BLS||
600 Forbes Avenue; 122 HSB
Pittsburgh, PA. 15282
|Paula Turocy 412-396-4766 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP)||http://www.iup.edu/||BLS||R & P Building 629 Fisher Avenue Indiana, PA. 15705||
Jill Oblak 724-357-4051 FAX 724-357-7595 email@example.com
|Mutual Aid Ambulance Service (MAAS)||http://www.mutual-aid.com/||ALS and BLS||561-63 West Otterman Street Greeensburg, PA. 15601||Scott Fick 724-837-6134 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Penn State University Fayette Campus (PSU)
|http://www.fe.psu.edu/||ALS and BLS||2201 University Drive Lemont Furnace, PA. 15456||Ted Mellors 724-430-4215 email@example.com|
Westmoreland County Community College (WCCC)
|http://wccc.edu/main.aspx||BLS||Business and Industry Center Youngwood, PA. 15697||Becky Lauffer 724-925-4082 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Western Area Career Training Center (WACTC)||http://www.wactc.net/||BLS||688 Western Ave Canonsburg, PA. 15317||Jeff Wodarcyk 724-746-2890 jWodaroyk@wactc.net|
EMS Instructor Information
(a) Certification. The Department will certify as an EMS instructor an individual who meets the following qualifications:
(1) Has completed an application for EMS instructor certification on a form or through an electronic process, as prescribed by the Department.
(2) Is 18 years of age or older.
(3) Has successfully completed an EMS instructor's course approved by the Department or possesses a bachelor's degree in education, a teacher's certification in education, a doctorate or master's degree.
(4) Has provided at least 20 hours of instruction time in an EMS provider educational course monitored by a certified EMS instructor designated by the EMS educational institute's administrative director.
(5) Possesses current certification as an EMT or higher level EMS provider.
(6) Possesses current certification in CPR or current certification as a CPR instructor.
(7) Possesses at least 1 year of experience in providing EMS as an EMT or higher level EMS provider.
(b) Triennial registration. An EMS instructor certification is deemed registered for 3 years. Thereafter, an EMS instructor shall triennially register the certification by completing a form or through an electronic process, as prescribed by the Department. An EMS instructor shall submit the form or complete the electronic process at least 30 days prior to the expiration of a current registration. Failure to do so in a timely manner may result in the EMS instructor certification not being registered again before the prior registration expires. The Department will issue a new registration within 30 days after the EMS instructor completes the form or the electronic process if the information provided establishes that the EMS instructor has met the following requirements:
(1) Has provided documentation to the Department to establish that the individual conducted at least 60 hours of teaching EMS provider or rescue courses during the previous 3 years.
(2) Possesses current registration of a certification as an EMT or higher level EMS provider.
(3) Possesses current certification in CPR or a current certification as a CPR instructor.
To request an EMS Instructor packet, please provide your name and proof of meeting the above requirements and email the information to Richard Kaufman at email@example.com .
Instructor Professional Development
The PA Department of Health Bureau of EMS; in an effort to enhance the EMS educational system has determined it to be necessary that all certified EMS instructors including those that are teaching Continuing Education be required to take Modules 1, 2, 3, and 4 to continue as educators.
Module 1 is currently available online on the LMS website.
Modules 2 and 3 must be conducted by the EMS Council.
The next EMSI Instructor Professional Development course will be tentatively scheduled for late 2014. Contact Rich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412/494-5574 for more details.
Modules 1, 2, and 3 must be completed.
Module 4 is an evaluation of a class you are teaching.
All modules must be taken in consecutive order. Additionally, please fax or mail a copy of your completed Modules to Rich Kaufman at the EMS Council. Any question on this requirement may be directed to email@example.com at 412-494-5574
|EMS Instructor Spring 2015.pdf||10/09/14 1:35 pm||277.51 KB|